Friday, March 13, 2009

A weekend getaway



Jon and I were blessed to have a weekend away without the kids last weekend. Thank you to my WHOLE family who pitched in and each had a kid. We could not have done it without them. Our church had a Marriage retreat at Winshape. We were pleasantly surprised with how beautiful the place was. Jon and I never really thought we would do a marriage retreat, but let me tell you it is great to do. Marriages need to be focused on. It is so easy to put aside your husband or wife while you are raising kids. You don't even realize it's happening. It was great to just spend time together and talk. Who'd a thought....communication. These days, communication is tough when 3 kids are fighting for your attention. The weekend highlights for me were
1. riding bikes all afternoon with Jon
2. yummy cookies
3. food was wonderful
4. tranquil room with great music
5. laughing with Jon
6. star gazing (don't get to see stars anymore since moving here)
7. FULL and complete conversations with friends
8. sleeping for 7 hours straight and not waking one time!!!!!
9. taking walks/hikes


It was constructed after French architecture.


*notice something about the picture of Jon and I? I was trying to get a nice picture of us. After several tries with him making some obnoxious face, I gave in.

No comments: