Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Big News!!!!




So, our eldest son graduated Pre-k. I can't believe I will have a kindergartner in the fall. We have decided to send him to a half day school, 5 days a week. I'm excited for him and I think he will love it. Last week I heard him tell M that he can't wait to learn how to read so he can read to her.



Our middle child, who is posing in the picture above, is now officially POTTY TRAINED!!!! Once again, I was reminded that they do things in their time. For her, it took me talking to her about not being able to do Day Camp at our church if she's not going on the potty. She's such a processor/thinker. I love it. She's like her dad in that way.



Now our youngest. All I can say is that she cracks me up. She is full of personality. M was her age when we had O. So, I feel like I kind of missed out on enjoying how fun she was at this age. I'm really trying to stop and take it all in this time around. In this picture above I had turned my back for 1 second (literally) and she climbed right in the tub. Her other favorite place is the dryer....

I was thinking this morning that I understand how you can love all your kids the same. Before I became a mom I always wondered how that would work. But, they each have a special place in my heart and have different things about their personalities that I love (and of course things that DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!).




3 comments:

Gina said...

Sammy is sitting right next to me and when I pulled up your blog he yelled "JAKE!". I love that they still know each other despite the distance.
Jake is such a good big brother. Sammy doesn't care about reading to Thea, he just likes telling her that he knows his letters and she doesn't. Don't get me started.
I can't wait to hang out with my friend M.
O and Sadie will get along famously, they can climb in the dryer, steal food from the pantry and incessantly dip things in Harley's water.

Gina said...

Oh and I thought you were gonna write that Jake donated blood for the first time.

Diana said...

J is the same way. I love it too. If you think about it, they were both only about 22 months when we moved. They're kindred spirits!!!

your funny about donating blood. I laughed out loud!!!

oh, don't worry, J says that one minute and he's pounding his sister the next.